Last Friday we surprised Haute Papier's Vendor Coordinator Julie with a surprise shower in celebration of her upcoming wedding. I'm a sucker for scheming to keep a surprise, and we managed to do it! With help from our spouses we had mini-margaritas in Patron bottles inspired by one of the most innovative caterers out there - Peter Callahan along with tea sandwiches and custom monogrammed cupcakes from DC's very own Georgetown Cupcake. Cheers to Julie & Skelly and their upcoming nuptials!
Haute Papier is delighted to be participating by providing the FREE WEDDING INVITATIONS to the lucky couple who wins Get Hitched in Georgetown! The epic wedding competition, "Get Hitched in Georgetown" is back! The showdown will take place on Thursday, October 18 from 6-9 p.m. on the lawn of Grace Church. This year, 75 DC-area couples will compete in a series of entertaining, must-watch activities for a chance to win the ultimate Georgetown wedding package including a gown from Hitched, honeymoon suite at Four Seasons Hotel, post-wedding brunch at Sequoia, bridesmaid jewelry from duo, and we're giving away 100 1 color letterpress invitations from our fabulous Luxe collection including invitation, invitation envelope, RSVP and RSVP envelope! To learn more about the event visit the website here or click below to see what other prizes are awarded to the lucky couple who wins the ULTIMATE wedding package on October 18th. BTW - if you're getting married, you should enter! The contest is a blast and who wouldn't want to win a free wedding!
More details after the jump...
2nd Annual "Get Hitched in Georgetown" Competition Returns on October 18 with Chance to Win the Ultimate Dream Wedding in Georgetown
One of the most exciting events for engaged DC couples last year was "Get Hitched in Georgetown," a 'dream wedding' competition and giveaway hosted in conjunction with Georgetown's Fashion's Night Out celebration. The event was such a hit that this year, "Get Hitched in Georgetown" returns as its own event on Thursday, October 18 from 6-9 p.m., where 75 DC-area couples will compete in a series of entertaining, must-watch activities for a chance to win the ultimate Georgetown wedding. "Get Hitched in Georgetown" is hosted by the Georgetown Business Improvement District (BID).
Last year, Georgetown merchants teamed up to create the "Get Hitched in Georgetown" wedding package with all of the ingredients for a truly unforgettable wedding day such as a designer wedding gown, tiered cake, five-star wedding suite, custom invitations and even a waterfront reception. One lucky couple won the prize package after competing in activities such as a bouquet toss, cupcake eating contest and a Project Runway-style toilet paper dress fashion show.
This year, 75 couples will compete in front of a panel of judges comprised of prominent figures in Washington's wedding industry including a representative from media sponsor WeddingWire, the nation's leading online wedding planning service headquartered in Bethesda. Although every participant will win a gift bag chock full of goodies from WeddingWire and participating merchants, only one couple will walk away with a dream wedding package from 16+ Georgetown merchants valued at over $10,000. Here is what the winning couple scores when they "Get Hitched in Georgetown":
- BRIDAL GOWN: Hitched Salon: DC's highly personal, full-service bridal boutique and wedding resource center is donating one custom designer gown for the bride's walk down the aisle. Tailored to meet the desires and tastes of today's brides, Hitched carries a unique selection of gowns for brides and bridesmaids as well as the many accessories that allow a bride to express herself on her wedding day.
- WEDDING SUITE: Four Seasons Hotel: Georgetown's Four Seasons Hotel is the only five-diamond, five-star hotel in the Capital region, and they are offering a one night wedding suite and complimentary parking for the newlyweds. Unequalled attentiveness and gracious service attract business and leisure guests, dignitaries and celebrities alike to this legendary Pennsylvania Avenue retreat in Georgetown.
- INVITATIONS: Haute Papier: Georgetown's Haute Papier is providing an Invitation Suite from their Luxe Wedding collection including 100 letterpressed invitations, RSVP cards and envelopes.
- POST-WEDDING BRUNCH: Sequoia: Brunch with great friends and family is the perfect way to recover after an exciting wedding and reception, and Sequoia is offering a post-wedding brunch for up to 15 guests. Sequoia's panoramic view of the Potomac and Kennedy Center paired with an outdoor mesquite grill, eclectic cuisine, great drinks and the lively River Bar make Sequoia the premiere DC destination.
- ATTIRE FOR THE GROOM: Hugh & Crye: Ensuring that the groom looks as stylish as possible on the big day, Hugh & Crye is making sure "the shirt fits" and offering a custom sized white shirt for the groom. Hugh & Crye is a men's apparel company based in Washington, DC, focusing on shirts designed to solve a common problem men have with the fit of most readymade shirts, by introducing a new sizing system designed for specific body types.
- 'SAVE THE DATE' CARDS: Dandelion Patch: One ofDC's premier shops for invitations, stationary and other printing and paper needs, Dandelion Patch is offering the lucky couple a $500 gift certificate toward custom Save the Date cards.
- BRIDAL PARTY FITNESS CLASS + RECEPTION: Barre 3: Helping the bride and her bridesmaids to get in shape for the big day, Barre 3 is offering a class and post-class reception with refreshments for the bridal party. Barre 3 is a unique fitness facility in Georgetown which helps students develop the length of a dancer and strength of an athlete with highly effective 60-minute workouts using a ballet barre.
- DAY AT THE SPA: Ritz-Carlton Georgetown: The Boutique Spa at the Ritz-Carlton Georgetown will pamper the bride before her special day with an Eco Body Treatment, a luxurious experience featuring a foot soak, skin brushing, skin polishing with a ginger/rosemary body polish, a Sedona mud wrap and a bamboo massage.
- BRIDAL SHOWER CUPCAKES: Sprinkles Cupcakes: DC's newest cupcake shop, Sprinkles istreating bridal shower guests to some of their famed baked sweets, providing five dozen cupcakes along with two towers for the wedding shower. Sprinkles Cupcakes are handcrafted from the finest ingredients including sweet cream butter, bittersweet Belgian chocolate, pure Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, real, fresh fruits and natural citrus zests.
- WELCOME GIFTS FOR GUESTS: Georgetown Cupcake: Greet out-of-town guests in the sweetest way possible- with custom cupcakes from the famous Georgetown Cupcake. Georgetown Cupcake is providing 100 individually boxed cupcakes with custom fondant.
- BACHELOR PARTY: Morton's the Steakhouse: There's no better way to spend the last celebration of singlehood than with an incredible meal at award-winning Morton's the Steakhouse. The popular fine dining spot will help the bachelor celebrate with a $300 gift certificate towards a Bachelor Party Dinner.Morton's is the nation's premier steakhouse group specializing in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees.
- BRIDESMAID JEWELRY: duo: One of Book Hill's newest boutiques, duo is offering customized jewelry for all bridesmaids in the bridal party. Ladies can choose from a handcrafted necklace, bracelet or earrings designed by co-owner Kyle Barber. duo carries a selection of both established favorite and up-and-coming clothing designers, as well as Barber's own line of one-of-a-kind jewelry that lines the walls as wearable art.
- PRIVATE BRIDAL SHOPPING PARTY: Urban Chic: It's just as important to look stylish at pre-wedding events as the wedding day, and luckily, Urban Chic is offering a private shopping party for the winner and bridal party with champagne, treats, and storewide discount, plus a $150 gift card and gift bag for the bride.Urban Chic brings an edge to conservative DC, mixing in pieces from established brands with newer trends from up-and-coming designers.
- WINE TASTING: Bacchus Wine Cellar: There's no better way to celebrate a wedding than with a toast to the happy couple, and Bacchus Wine Cellar is offering a private in-store wine tasting for the bride, groom and two guests. Bacchus is a warmly accented boutique in Georgetown, carrying wine and spirits ranging from artisanal, unknown estates to the most coveted chateaux - offering something for every budget and palate.
- HONEYMOON WARDROBE: Ella Rue: Looking stylish doesn't just stop on the night of the wedding, so Ella Rue is offering a $150 gift card for the bride to be styled for her honeymoon. Ella Rue is a locally-owned new and consignment boutique offering a selection of high-end designer clothing and accessories from leading designers such as Manolo Blahnik, Fendi, Marc Jacobs and more.
HOW TO ENTER
Of course, winning the dream wedding will not be that easy. The "Get Hitched in Georgetown" contest is open to 75 sets of engaged couples*, who can enter the contest online at http://gethitchedingeorgetown.eventbrite.com/ beginning on Monday, September 17 at noon. Registration closes at 5 p.m. on October 4. The Georgetown BID will notify the first 75 completed applications (along with 10 alternates) that meet the eligibility requirements. The 75 semi-finalists will then participate in the "Get Hitched in Georgetown" event on October 18, designating their "better halves" to participate in an unforgettable wedding-themed showdown featuring several fun rounds of competition which will be announced at the start of the event.
*Participating couples must also meet a set of criteria (be at least 21 years of age, live in DC/MD/VA, be engaged to be married, etc.) to be considered as a participant. The full list of rules and regulations can be found here: http://gethitchedingeorgetown.eventbrite.com/.
One of DC's premier wedding locations, the neighborhood of Georgetown covers all aspects of wedding planning - before, after and even on the big day. From choosing the right designer gown and custom, handcrafted invitations, to pampering before the special day and celebrating a last night of singlehood, Georgetown is the ultimate destination for an unforgettable wedding experience. For more details about "Get Hitched in Georgetown", please visit http://gethitchedingeorgetown.eventbrite.com/.
We just love seeing pictures from Real Weddings featuring Haute Papier's products and think Laura & Martin's wedding came together in such a lovely way!
We're so excited to launch our fabulous new update to the Luxe Wedding Album, that we had to start the sneak peeks now! As a reminder, this album has 15 great designs with all of the pieces a couple would need from the save-the-date to the placecard to the thank yous! All designs are available with flat printing on the envelopes. We also offer custom coasters and custom stamps for this collection. Stay tuned for the next couple of Fridays to meet the rest of the new designs!