Erin is currently out of the office and since I LOVE goat cheese and she HATES it, I thought I'd share one of my favorite summer recipes with you for Make-It Monday. It's delicious and looks fussier than it is! Here's how to make these delightful little bites...
- Take a log of goat cheese out of the fridge and let it warm on the counter while you're cooking away.
- Roast the tomatoes... If you've never roasted tomatoes, it's easy. Read this.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, slice a baguette as thinly as possible. Place on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Place cookie sheet in the oven with the tomatoes and toast until lightly golden, about 10-15 minutes. Then remove from the oven and place on a platter for serving.
- Spread the room temperature goat cheese on the toasts.
- When the tomatoes are done, remove from oven and place one or two on top of each piece of toast. Press gently so the juicy insides squeeze out onto the cheese.
- Drizzle plate with olive oil, garnish with micro-basil or thinly sliced basil.